So, I’ve never heard of this before, but Emily, a fellow blogger at Emily the Book Nerd tagged me in this question challenge, and it seemed like a fun way to let people get to know a little more about me. According to Emily, Vogue goes to celebrities’ houses and rapid-fires 73 questions at them. You can watch these videos on YouTube. Here's the rules:
Link back to Emily at at Emily the Book Nerd
Answer the 73 questions
Tag some friends
Here goes nothing!
1. What is your usual Starbucks order?
I don’t go to Starbucks often, but when I do, I love a chai tea latte. If I go in the fall, I love to get it with pumpkin spice added in. (My friend Candice has already educated me on how calling it chai tea is redundant, since chai means tea in Hindi, so it's basically saying tea tea lol).
2. What does your workstation look like?
What the heck is a workstation? I usually just sit on my bed with my laptop.
3. Favorite food?
Oh man, this is a tough one. I’d have to say steak. Or ice cream. Just not together.
4. Favorite author?
This is another tough one! Right now, I’m a bit obsessed with Sarah J. Maas and Jennifer Estep when it comes to fantasy books. For psychological thrillers, Karin Slaughter takes the cake. Romance would have to be Gina L. Maxwell.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
I think that if it works for people, then awesome. I could never do it, though.
6. What is your favorite video game?
I always loved playing Sonic the Hedgehog and Mortal Kombat.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
I’m going to have to agree with Emily and say ice cream or chocolate.
8. Favorite movie?
This one is a toss up between The Ref or Natural Born Killers.
9. Favorite book?
I have to pick ONE? Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
I’m also in agreement with Emily here. I like both, but I definitely prefer Twitter.
11. Desktop or laptop?
Laptop, hands down.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
Don’t worry about what other people think.
13. What project are you working on right now?
Right now, I’m working on my blog and taking care of my physical health.
14. Favorite color?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
I did, but if I pushed myself I could have definitely done better.
16. Dream job?
I’d love to be a full-time blogger.
17. Play any sports?
I was a fencer in high school and college.
18. Do you have a degree?
I have a Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling.
I’m mostly Polish and Russian, with a little Romanian mixed in.
20. What is your favorite kind of blog post?
I love doing these kind of tags, although I also like doing book reviews.
21. What do you like to collect?
I collect frogs. Whenever I travel, I pick up a frog figurine.
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Loyal, outspoken, and caring.
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
The Kosher Killah! haha
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
My friend Kim – hey girl!
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
An Owlcrate box and books.
26. Sorting house?
27. How many tattoos do you have?
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
My mom and my pups.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Spending quality time with my sister.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
It's still early, but hopefully hearing some good news from the doctor.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
32. Favorite season?
33. Favorite holiday?
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
Hermione from Harry Potter – she’s kind of nerdy but always sticks by her friends.
35. Do you like surprises?
I do not like surprises.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
Probably finding out that I was an aunt when I was 6.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
I don’t remember any surprises.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given someone else?
A wind chime I gave my dad that he really wanted.
39. Do you like muffins?
Of course. Are there people who don’t like muffins?
40. Do you cook often?
I do. I love to cook - that's why there's recipes on my blog!
41. What’s your favorite dessert?
A warm brownie with ice cream on top.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
I don’t like mousse or cheesecake.
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favorite food?
There’s a lot of foods I don’t like. Onions, Brussels sprouts, and salmon top the list of things I won’t eat.
45. What’s your favorite condiment?
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
Nothing – I’m sleeping!
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
How to appreciate a book!
48. Best animated film?
49. What has a guy said or done to impress you?
Acted like a gentleman and made me laugh.
50. The best thing to do on a first date?
Go for something quick like coffee or a drink, to see if you click. That way, if you don’t have any kind of connection, there isn’t pressure to sit through a whole meal.
51. The worst thing to do on a first date?
Go see a movie – there’s no way to talk and get to know each other, plus you’re stuck sitting there for like two hours!
52. What’s the best pick up line?
Something genuine and not corny.
53. Best comic book character?
I don’t read any comic books, so I have no idea!
54. Name three things that can always be found in your purse.
Tissues, my inhaler, and my phone.
55. Favorite drink?
I most often drink water, but I rarely turn down a chai tea latte.
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
Cleopatra. She was a famous ruler of Egypt, but she was also a scholar and a smart woman.
57. Kittens or puppies?
Definitely puppies. I’m allergic to cats.
58. Favorite sushi roll?
I’m pretty adventurous when it comes to sushi, as long as it doesn’t have any eel. I especially love sushi that has mango in it.
59. What lipstick do you use?
I don’t wear lipstick. If I really want to get fancy, I may throw on a little bit of gloss, but that rarely happens. Mostly I’ll use chapstick, since I tend to get really bad chapped lips in cold weather.
60. What foundation do you use?
I never use foundation. On rare occasions, I’ll use tinted moisturizer.
61. Blow-dry or air dry?
Air dry. I don’t even own a blowdryer.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I don’t have a fashion icon. I hate shopping. I’m seriously the worst girly girl ever.
63. Favorite Disney character?
Merida from Brave.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Reading, blogging, and cooking.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
There’s a lot. Ace Ventura, The Ref, and The Pest are guaranteed to make me laugh.
66. A movie that made you cry?
I hate movies that make me cry!
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
Trust me, NO ONE wants to sing a duet with me. I’m completely and hopelessly tone deaf.
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
Apparently there’s a song called “Leah” by Roy Orbison, although if my current situation was a song, it would be called “What a Fiasco!”
69. What’s your favorite animal?
70. Favorite illustrator?
I don’t think I have a favorite illustrator
71. A person you’d like to have coffee with?
My niece, Jacquie. I really miss her.
72. What country would you like to visit?
73. Best way to decompress?
That took me a lot longer to do than I thought it would! Even if you don’t get tagged, feel free to participate. I’d love to see what you come up with.
4. Leah (not me, a different Leah)