Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
This week’s topic is an open ended prompt, listing reasons why I love … something bookish.
I chose to list reasons I love fantasy, which is a genre I just really started to get into in the last year.
1. It’s a total escape to a world where anything is possible.
2. They have dragons! And faeries, and witches, and all kinds of other cool stuff you don't see in other genres.
3. Wishes sometimes come true.
4. The world building can be so interesting when it is done well.
5. I love learning about magic systems and how they work.
6. Reading fantasy makes me feel more creative and imaginative (even if my family thinks I’m just … strange).
7. Instead of verbal disagreements, fights can be settled with weapons, which just seems a lot cooler.
8. Reading fantasy feels like exercising my imagination.
9. The characters feel inspiring as they go on journeys, complete impossible tasks, or overcome insurmountable odds.
10. A lot of my favorite books come together on an epic scale that I don’t always see at the start, and it just blows me away.
What’s your favorite genre, and what do you like about it?