Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
Today’s prompt is a fun one — it’s authors who have a fun social media presence.
There’s no shortage of authors who have a fun presence on social media, but for my list I chose to list authors who I’ve also interacted with! Nearly all of my interactions take place on Twitter, which has quickly become my favorite social media app. With no further ado, here’s my list (in no particular order).
3. Cait Marie — she’s an author with an upcoming book release (The Lost Legends), and I’ve loved getting an inside peek at the writing/editing/promoting process! She’s got an incredible talent.
4. Kelsey Quick — I started following this author after reading her fabulous book debut (A Violet Fire). I was so excited to realize that not only is she super engaging, but she’s creative in other ways too … like art!
5. Hannah Murray — I followed her long before reading one of her books (Honey and the Hitman), but right from the start, I loved her tweets. I especially like how she mixes in hilarious family antics.
6. Amparo Ortiz — another woman I absolutely adore. She’s clever, funny, and sweet, and I cannot wait until her book comes out in October!
7. Angie Cavallari — I thoroughly enjoyed reading her book (Trailer Trash: An 80s Memoir) and how she took the story of her life in the 1980s and managed to make me laugh and feel nostalgic at the same time. Plus, she’s super cool.
8. Jenni Dunlap — she is hands down one of the most supportive and amazing people I’ve ever met through social media. Her book and blog focuses a lot on helping people overcome diet culture and embrace self-acceptance. What’s not to like?
9. Leilani Graceffa — she writes the most random and amusing tweets, and is another woman who is super supportive. I can’t help but look forward to her tweets!
10. Talia Hibbert — as I’d expect from the author of a hilariously funny romance, she’s got a great sense of humor. It’s really cool to see her book (Get a Life, Chloe Brown) take off and get the recognition it deserves.