Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. "It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together." This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
It’s my first time doing a Top Ten Tuesday post, and of course it would be a freebie. There’s about eleventy billion things I could choose from, but instead of choosing my top ten things, I decided to pick my top ten people.
Since beginning my blogging journey, I’ve met some really incredible people through the blogging community on Twitter. I’m eternally grateful for the guidance, support, and most importantly, the friendships that I’ve built with these incredibly talented bloggers. While I’ve made connections with a variety of bloggers, I tend to stick with book blogs since that’s what I’m most interested in. That’s why for my first Top Ten Tuesday I decided to make a list of my top ten bloggers. I’d love to see others jump on this bandwagon, and dedicate a post highlighting their ten favorite bloggers.
Here’s ten of my all-time favorite bloggers (in no particular order):
1. Kristy at Caffeinated Fae. Her book reviews and other posts are awesome. I love her graphics, and the way that she picks out meaningful quotes from the books. She often reads books outside of my preferred genres and actually makes me want to read them! My TBR has grown exponentially thanks to her. Plus she’s super friendly, and welcomed me to the community early on.
2. Yvonne at The Coy Caterpillar Reads. Another woman who’s super sweet and was another person who welcomed me into the blogging community. Her book reviews are in-depth and thorough, and she has such varied taste in genres that you’ll most likely be able to find something in common with her.
3. Jenn at Jenniely. Her graphics made the blog stand out. The reviews are clear and thorough. But what makes this blog absolutely irresistible to me is her book tags. Everyone I interact with in the book blogging community knows by now that I’m a total sucker for book tags, and Jenn has some really awesome tags.
4. Leelyn at Sometimes Leelyn Reads. I’m just going to come out and say it. I think Leelyn is awesome. She’s really easy to chat with, and she’s super friendly and has a great sense of humor. Her reviews have such a strong conversational vibe, it feels like she’s just talking about a book with me, and her personality shines through. I love that she isn’t afraid to talk about important issues in books as well.
5. Nicola at Fantastic Book Dragon. She is another person I’ve run into on Twitter and realized how much we have in common. She likes to read a wide range of genres, although her blog focuses on YA and MG books. I love her reviews. Our taste in YA books often crosses paths, and I love chatting with her about the books that we both adore. Plus, she is really a cool person.
6. Simone at Leafing Through Time. She’s super friendly, and it’s always so interesting to interact with someone who comes from a different part of the world. She does have similar interests regarding books, and I really like how her reviews are short and to the point. Plus, she works in a bookstore!
7. Mandy at Devouring Books. She’s got a great mix of posts. You can find book reviews, book tags, lists, and even a guide on how to get ARCs. I love her reviews (and other posts as well). The blog itself has a nice, clean layout and it’s easy to navigate. There are also giveaways, and what book lover doesn’t love a giveaway? I’ll tell you … no one.
8. Sohinee at Sohinee Reads & Reviews. While Twitter has let me make some long-distance connections, Sohinee is my farthest long-distance friend. She’s based in India, and despite having the hardest time accessing ARCs, she makes it work. She’s incredibly sweet and friendly. Her reviews are thorough and interesting, and her personality shines through. She also has an awesome post about how to increase your reading speed with bonus tips to get through your TBR list. Every book lover needs to read this post.
9. Evelina at Avalinah’s Books. This woman is another one of my favorite people (yes, I know, I have a lot of favorite people, but there’s so many cool people I’ve met). She’s probably one of the nicest people I’ve come across. She posts these incredibly detailed book reviews, but they’re so funny to read. Her personality is great, and I love that she uses emojis in her posts. We’ve chatted frequently, and discovered that we share interest in cooking as well as books.
10. Jenni at Housewife Hustle. So this is the only blog on this list that isn’t a book blog, although she did recently release a book. Jenni is an incredibly inspirational woman and blogs about so many different things, that I’d be doing the world a disservice to leave her off this list. She’s sweet, smart, and supportive. Her blog topics include things like body positivity, blogging, self-love, motherhood, disabilities, and self-care. Her book is all about self-love and body positivity. I’ve included the link to her book below.
This post uses affiliate links and I will receive a small commission for purchases made through my links at no additional cost to you.